Sunday, September 28, 2008

Inspiration

I've always wanted to be the cool, artistic type. Secretly, that's probably why I pierced my nose & dye my hair burgundy. Occasionally, I dabble at creativity: I tried my hand at knitting for a while, until it became trendy in the Christian circles; I embroidered a few funky shirts, but wasn't very good; and I've made a handful of necklaces, which is a fun-but-expensive hobby. Someday I hope to find my "niche", or really make a breakthrough and just become artistic-- I get spurts every now and then, but I need a little nudge.

My eyes are always open for new sources of inspiration, but I confess that few of my ideas are ever original. Usually I just see something cute in an over priced boutique and say "I could totally do that." Sometimes I try... but most of my ideas are usually filed away, never to be brought to fruition.

Today, I just happen to stumble across this website, and was filled with inspiration.
..

When I saw these brilliant lunch boxes, I gasped & almost fell out of my chair. Look! They hold little sandwiches, and fold out to make a plate! Have you ever seen anything so brilliant in your whole life??!




Or how about this embroidery?

I think I just might spend the afternoon with my needle & thread, experimenting with new ideas. I've been wanting to try my hand at embroidering again.

I might get to actually become an artist soon, in an art exhibit that our Abolition Workshop is putting on. I pitched my idea for an installation in our up-coming show, and hopefully everyone will like it & we'll actually do it! If not, I still get to rub shoulders with other creative types, and maybe some of their juices will come off on me. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's in your upcoming show???? You are always SO creative. I can't wait!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Christine,

I like to draw. In fact, I was searching for pictures of Dolores Park to reference for a drawing I'm working on, and was linked to this blog. The Steinbeck quote, and his flying pig aroused my suspicions, and I thought, "Hey, I think I know this blogger." The "About Me" settled it: I do.

Say hello to your cute husband for me, would you?

-Andrew McKee

Christine said...

McSteeze! How fun!! I WILL tell my cute hubby Hi for you =)
Where have you been lately??!