Friday, January 18, 2008

Home Stretch

Only 3 more hours to go...
We have been traveling for one month now. We just got home late Tuesday night, and started three days of staff meetings. Yikes.

Last week we were in Texas for a conference (working through the weekend), and before that, we were touring Southern California-- doing laps around Orange County, zooming down to San Diego for a conference, trekking out to LA, San Bernardino, etc, etc.

The first morning we were back, my alarm went off, and I couldn't figure out where I was or why I was waking up. That first day was exhausting, but I am slowly getting acclimated. Last night, I cooked dinner for the first time in a month. It was wonderful.

But what I am really looking forward to is 4pm today, when our meetings are officially over, and I can unpack the suitcases that are strewn around the living room, do laundry, go to the grocery store, pick up a month's worth of mail, and put our apartment back in order. I know that may not sound wonderful or relaxing, but all of those tasks mean that we are getting our lives back. Ahhhhh...

Tonight, the plan is to watch a movie, eat Chris' famous homemade pizza and just veg on our couch. The rest of the weekend will consist of hiking, biking, eating Pho at our favorite Vietnamese dive, sleeping in, and going to our church that we've missed so much. Oh, to eat what & when we want, to have a regular schedule, work out, have our own space, and be in the city that we love again. It all sounds so wonderful-- I just have to make it through a few more hours of meetings. Don't worry, we're on a lunch break right now-- I'm not pretending to take notes while blogging. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back safe & sound! We loved seeing you.
Mom