Monday, January 28, 2008

Yowza!

I'm not much of an "inventor", so to speak, but I just invented something pretty amazing-- and I'm going to share it with you (along with another wonderful invention that came to me a few months ago). They are both recipes, and they will make you happy...



Masochistic Popcorn
(you're intrigued already, I can tell)

  • Pop about 1/2 cup of popcorn in an air popper.
  • Add 1 Tbs butter
  • Squeeze 1/2 a lime
  • Sprinkle about 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
  • Sprinkle 1tsp or more salt (to taste)
  • Mix everything around & gorge
As I said, I just invented this, and although I was coughing, sneezing & had a runny nose (from the cayenne pepper), I could not stop eating it. My lips are burning, but in a good way. Yuuummm...



The Elle
(This is pink, girly, fizzy & fun. I named it after Reese Witherspoon's character in Legally Blonde. I would accept other name suggestions, though)
  • Pour 1 shot Gin into a highball glass with ice
  • Add a few dashes of Bitters
  • Squeeze in 1 lime (or more)
  • Fill glass with Blood Orange Soda (Trader Joes sells it)
  • Stir, and drink with a chick flick or while gossiping about boys. Don't worry, men can enjoy it, too, without losing any testosterone
Note: Even people who don't like gin love this drink. It helps me to make friends when people come over to our place-- and friends are hard to come by 'round here.

It just so happens that I enjoyed both of these lovely inventions together. The Elle helped to squlech the fire of the Masochistic Popcorn. Enjoy!


1 comment:

deee said...

I loved the Elle! It's also a lot less work intensive than my usual gin drink, the Gin Gin Mule, as you know. I'm glad you named it! I will have to make a special trip to TJ's for the mixer...