Sunday, March 2, 2008

Domestic Goddess

There must be something in the air. I suppose it's spring, and I suppose it entered my blood with that first carton of strawberries I spotted at Trader Joe's or the warm, sunny weather we had today.

Either way, something got inside of me, and I had this uncontrollable urge to clean things this weekend. Actually, it probably had more to do with the fact that I was sick for 4 weeks, then traveled for a week after that, and never really was able to start my life where it left off. It seems that while I was "gone", piles of paper grew, dust settled, and chaos ensued.

Over the last busy week, I looked around me and needed to scream "Stop the insanity!!" Today was my attempt at doing just that.


I did laundry-- not just my normal trip to the laundromat, but also a couple of special loads that included our comforter, shower curtains & shower curtain liners (yes, you can wash them!). I scrubbed the bathroom from top to bottom. I cleared everything out of the kitchen & bathroom cabinets, wiped them down & re-organized them. I sorted, filled trash cans, put things away, swept, gave the dog a bath... I even made enough black beans to hold us over for the next month.

I really don't know what got into me, but it's contagious-- I sucked Chris into the frenzy, and now he can't stop sorting through old bills & files. It's like a disease... but a good one, I suppose.

I feel just about ready for life to start again. I might even be ready for Monday.

No comments: