Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Muddled Thoughts

If I'm not mistaken, tomorrow night will be our first free night that Chris & I have had in three weeks.
Gosh, that just sounds bad.

It's not that we haven't spent time together, and it's not that we haven't had a mo
ment of time off (although, in the last few days, it has felt that way!), it's just things have been really full lately.

The suitcases are still half-packed, lying on the floor (alth
ough things definitely aren't as bad as they were yesterday), my brain is just about dripping out my ears, and unfortunately, the Netflix we just received for tomorrow is a documentary called God Grew Tired of Us. Not exactly the pick me up I was hoping for. [Maybe I can talk Chris into renting Enchanted!]

I will, however, share 2 highlights from my day, and a few things I'm looking forward to...

Highlight #1: Sitting in the cafeteria at SF State, and watching an old man slip his dentures out of his mouth, slide them into his pocket and gum his donut right across from me. Come to think of it, it might have been a lowlight, but I'm really not sure.


Highlight #2: Watching Gavin fit 3 pine cones into his mouth at the same time on the way home from his walk-- he just picked up on after another as he walked along, and before I knew it, there were 3 pine cones in his mouth. He managed to chew & swallow all of them, and seemed to be very happy about it. They were pretty small pine cones... and in case you're wondering, he was able to say "Chubby Bunny" after each one.

Some things I'm looking forward to:
  • This weekend and... sleeping in (can't remember the last time!), hiking with Chris, being lazy, watching movies on the couch, getting groceries, cooking (again, it's been a while), church...
  • settling into my own space again
  • tax returns (hooray for free money!)
  • our "Day with the Lord" next week (kind of like "Forced Fun": we have to spend a day hanging out with God... no work allowed)
  • not living out of a suitcase
  • alone time (it's been about 3 weeks)
  • going a whole day without eating out
  • watching the new Narnia movie, Prince Caspian (May 16th!)
  • using my $20 gift card to Ulta... I discovered the greatest new makeup!
  • selling both our cars and buying an Element, a Matrix, or a VW Rabbit (that's the plan/dream of the moment).
Obviously, the list could go on & on. There's a lot to be thankful for right now. For now, though, I'm looking forward to that beautiful moment (which will happen in about 15 minutes) when I finally sink into my spectacularly comfortable bed and feel warm & cozy, inside & out.
It's the little things...

1 comment:

deee said...

Hey, I miss you Christine! I know things are crazy busy, but don't forget your friends down in SLO with the extra bedroom... I mean office!

And don't rule out the Scion. I think they're actually pretty cool.