Thursday, September 13, 2007

Being a Super-Model

I am an official hair model now!
I went in today for my slightly scary sounding haircut from the apprentice at Dekko Salon.

On the phone, she had told me that she wanted someone who was open-minded, willing to change, & open to something creative, fashion-forward, and asymmetrical. Now, those could all be good words for describing hairstyles (except that asymmetrical one-- I really got stuck there!), but they could also be describing one of those scary run-way hairstyles that no normal human being actually wears.
Needless to say, I was excited for my $20 high-end haircut from the super-posh salon, but also a little nervous!

Oh, one other thing to mention is that I did a little research on my new apprentice, and found a rather frightening sketch of her (unfortunately, I can't get a direct link on the sketch, but if you click here, and scroll down to Joni, you'll see what I mean. It's worth a peak...). When I got there, though, I found a really fun, cute punk-rock, tattooed Asian girl who instantly made me feel comfortable & happy.

The whole procedure took about 2 1/2 hours, but Joni was so fun & easy to talk to that I felt like I was making a new friend, rather than being a guinea pig. The owner came over a few times and gave advice as the cut went along, but other than that (and the amount of time-- and money-- spent), it was just a normal, fantastic haircut.

In the end, I love my new hair, and it's nothing crazy, outrageous, or (thankfully) asymmetrical! In fact, I'm a little disappointed that I don't look a little wackier. But I guess cute is a great alternative ;)

No comments: