Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Banging my Head Against the Wall




I think we can all agree that long meetings suck. Is there anyone in this world who truly relishes a long meeting?

This week, our staff team met together Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 10am until 5pm. Meetings from 10 until 5. I take that back-- today, we met until 5:30.

Now, let the records show that I love my staff team. I love working with them. I love dreaming & creating with them. I even love hanging out with them. I can say in all honesty that I think I have a fantastic boss (and I'm not just saying that because he will probably be reading this!). BUT, at around 5:15 today, when we were still meeting, I was ready to throw something.
It's been a long week.

Tomorrow, we get to go out on campus and talk to humans and leave behinds charts and white boards and roller chairs. Hallelujah.

We had planned on going to church tonight, but I just don't think I can sit and listen any longer (plus, it starts in 5 minutes). We got our Netflix in the mail, so I think I will now shut off my brain and watch Hot Fuzz (that's how bad it's gotten). With a margarita, I might just think it's hilarious.

No comments: