Sunday, August 12, 2007

Indecision Meltdown: Painting the Walls


I have been wanting to paint our apartment ever since we moved in. I confess that I have had color swatches of yellow paint taped to our bedroom wall for almost a year. I just can't commit. And Chris (although gifted in many, many areas) is practically worthless to me because he's color blind.
So, for some reason, I had a burst of inspiration yesterday, and I ran out to the paint store down the street, loaded with my birthday money, and bought a bunch of sample paints. There was one brick red paint that I loved that they didn't have a sample container for, so I said "screw it", and bought a quart of it.
Now, the top left corner of our front door is a lipstick colored fuchsia (the "brick red"), there is a powdery baby blue smear in our entryway, and two big painfully yellow squares in the bedroom. I spend $35 on yucky paint! That could have been a sweater, or something! Not only that, but I'm panicked, and wish I had never started, but I can't go back because of all the "practice paint" on the walls.
Luckily, I have a friend who's an artist, and very good with colors. She's promised that she will come look at our walls (in exchange for dinner!) and help me out. ;)
Whew! I thought I had a hard time ordering dinner-- painting walls is not for the indecisive.

No comments: