Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Brokenness

I hate brokenness. Someone I care about deeply is hurting in ways that I never imagined they could. It makes my heart ache inside as I feel their pain. It feels foreign and wrong-- like we were intended for something so much better, but we are stuck on this broken planet, breaking ourselves in the process.
This morning I sat on the bathroom floor and cried as I felt their pain; and as I cried, I felt God crying with me. I told Him, "God, I will do anything to help this person", and in my heart, I heard Him say, "So would I".

I have been reflecting on this song that Chris has been listening to a lot lately. It's called "Sorrow", by Bad Religion. I wouldn't expect to find deep insights on God or life from Bad Religion normally, but this song is special. In the video, he is broadcasting this song all around the world, and the lyrics say, "When the only true Messiah rescues us from ourselves, its easy to imagine: There will be sorrow no more."

He will wipe away all tears from their eyes; there will be no more death, and no more mourning or sadness. The world of the past is gone. (Revelation 21:4)

It's gonna be alright. Someday, it's gonna be alright.

No comments: