Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sick Day


The last few days, I have been feeling kinda crappy on and off. I thought maybe it was just the long meetings. Actually, I kinda thought it was a migraine threatening to strike, or possibly this new medication I've been taking.
Today, however, I woke up and felt awful (nothing new-- waking up at 6am usually does feel awful!), and as the morning progressed, and it continually hurt to be alive (coughing, achy-everything, crazy stomach, drained of all life...), I decided it was time to go back to bed.

I didn't get up again until 1:30! I don't think I even slept until 1:30 in college! I have little memory of life between 1:30 and now except that I talked to my mom on the phone for a long time (does everyone call their mom when they are sick, or is it just me?), and that I was dying of thirst. They turned off our water today to fix some plumbing problem, and I had that cotton-mouth, sick, thirsty feeling. Yuck! Luckily, I seem to always leave half empty (half-full?) glasses of water laying around the house, so I was able to make it until 4 when our water came back on. Whew!

I feel a heck of a lot better now. A lot of sleep and a little Air Born does wonders! =)

No comments: